Monday, August 30, 2021

 

Reflection on the use of entire ICT integrated lesson.

On 30th August 2021 I taught English lesson in class III. The topic of my lesson was direct and indirect speech. I introduced the lesson topic and made children aware of the lesson objectives. It was taught through a video clip.  Before I started my lesson, I made my children to sit near the laptop where everybody could see the integrated ICT lesson.  First I used attention grabber (quiet signal) to gain children’s attention. Then I made the students to watch a video clip on Direct and Indirect speech from the laptop. Children were very much excited to learn what is being taught through this video lesson. Integrating ICT in planning a lesson and teaching in a real classroom was an inspiring and motivating for me as well as for my children.

Integrating ICT in lesson such as watching a video clip that explains direct and indirect speech was really interesting and fun learning for the children. Through this lesson almost 90 percent of the children were motivated to learn and engage actively in their activities. It has been a great learning experience for all the children and was even inspired and motivated to watch some more video clips in the days to come for better attainment.

From the video lesson, I could see my children actively engaged in differentiating direct and indirect speech and also the conversion of it. I also came to know that it is a way of teaching children to convert indirect into indirect speech and vice versa. Children were given worksheets to change the direct speech to indirect speech using round table. The students were able to do it with the help of their team mates and the teacher’s support.

Towards the end of the lesson almost all the children could learn the difference between direct and indirect speech correctly.

The overall lesson went quite well and I’m satisfied with my lesson. I was able to fulfill the objective of my lesson. So, as a teacher I believe that teaching is more fun when it is child centered. We need to motivate the learners by making the activities interesting. To have an effective teaching and learning we need to integrate ICT as strategies so that children will participate actively in the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGOYlbXbN0o


1 comment:

Relection for October Month

  On 29th October, 2021 I taught English lesson in class III. The topic of my lesson was “our Tree” (poem) by Marchette Chute. I introduced...